Friday, October 19, 2007

So far everything's been great. I've been mixing cardio w/ weights 6 days a week and I've cut about 6-7 lbs. already. Last weekend I went on a 5 miler and I felt really good. I've been doing about 9:45 miles so lots of work still. January is when I plan to really start my endurance and speed training. For now, I'm just really working on getting my weight down and watching my diet. No real regrets w/ my diet. My daughter had her 4th birthday last week and I made a chocolate cake. I just had one slice (that's why I ran 5 miles that day...because I knew I was going to eat it!) and we had about 1/2 a cake left still...but I threw it away. We didn't need it! I'm trying to eat a ton more fiber during the day and having salad at least once a day. I've also been eating dinner and that's it for the night....I wake up a lot happier too this way. I'm going to sign up w/ this athletic center for a year in December so I have access to an indoor track for my speed work training. My buddy Scott is also doing a marathon in May, so I hope to get some good runs in with him too.

No comments: