Friday, April 04, 2008

"Its been a long time General" Arnold Schwarzenegger - Predator

Wow! It sure has. I've been slackin'...I know. Life has been busy and I'm happy to say health and fitness is still good. I haven't been eating as good as I should be but I'm still exercising and running a lot so the guilt is minimal.

My parents were in the Philippines and my weekends had been really busy trying to help with their remodel. I did the Shamrock run last March and I had one of my best performances (I can't remember if I beat my '03 time). I finished the 8k in under 40 minutes! I was on my last mile and I looked at my watch and said to myself "wow...you're doing awesome!"

Scott and I are doing a 1/2 marathon this Sunday and we went on a long run last weekend. It went great too and I had a chance to try some of Scott and Lyndsey's famous BBQ pizza. It was fantastic and I also tried anchovies for the first time...very salty!

We're trying to do at least one race every month and we have a nice 10k around Lake Oswego in May and then the Helvetia 1/2 marathon in June. Weight today -169 lbs.

2 comments:

Tod said...

Hey Chris,
We're all behind on posting to our blogs. At least neither one of us is as bad as Scott! I'm working on a new entry this afternoon while in the Capital, enjoying some well-needed air-conditioning. It's been starting to get HOT around here... How'd the 1/2 go? I have a race coming up in June - a 1/2 marathon here in Santo Domingo. Not a hot-weather runner, we'll see how things go... I'm not going for anything but a finish... -Tod.

C-Durango said...

1:56:55! Scott and I finished it together. It went really well and the weather was a hell of lot better than the '06 Seattle 1/2. I think I beat my previous 1/2 marathon time by over 30 minutes! Good luck on yours too Tod...let us know how you did. Lata!