Friday, January 18, 2008

Why Hello There!

It's been a while since I've blogged. I've been slackin' I admit but I haven't been slackin' with my fitness and health. I had a physical last Monday and everything came out great. They did some blood work to find out my cholesterol and the numbers were better than I expected. My total cholesterol was 150 and my LDL was 92 (you want it below 100) and my HDL was 47 (you want it above 45). My doctor said "wow!"

So besides my goals for running, I'm hitting my goals for a life of health too (the ultimate goal). I've still been running and I've added more weights and strength training in my weekly routine too. I went running with my buddy Ty on my lunch yesterday and it started snowing in our run...crazy! We're going Sunday on a longer one with Dave and Scott too. Should be good. I've definitely felt stronger on my runs lately and I think a lot of it is from my long runs on Sunday and weekends. We're planning on doing the Shamrock run this March and we'll also do the Helvetia Half marathon in June. I haven't signed up for the indoor track yet but I'll be doing that soon.

My New Year's resolution was to add seafood to my diet and I had Scott and his girlfriend over for dinner a few weeks ago. We cooked Halibut and I have to say it was pretty good. I haven't had anything else since but I plan to cook some Talapia pretty soon. My son really liked the fish too.

My weight is down to 166lbs so I came pretty close to what I wanted for the New Year. I'm wearing pants from my closet I haven't worn in over 4 years! I'm glad I didn't get rid of them! Life's been good!

1 comment:

Tod said...

Hey Chris,
So glad to hear your making your health goals one-by-one. Baby steps, that´s what we learned from Bill Murray in "What About Bob," right? Anyway, using some time in town and away from the "campo" to catch up on my blog reading. Keep up the good work!