Friday, December 28, 2007

Xmas 2007

Well Xmas is over! New Years is just a few days away. I have my friend Ty and his daughter Taylen coming over tonight. She's going to play with Morgan while we watch the Beavers play.

Xmas was really nice this year. We went up to the in-laws and we had a lot of fun up there. I have to say I ate pretty bad that day (and the day before) but I didn't overindulge...watched the portions. I had a martini (favorite drink) on Xmas eve and decided to pass on alcohol on Xmas day.

I got my Xmas present a little early this year and I absolutely love it. My wife got me the Garmin Forerunner (A GPS watch w/ a heart rate monitor) and it's the perfect gift for my fitness goals this upcoming year. I went on a 7.78 miler last Sunday in the cold rain. My buddy Scott got one too and we're going to totally "geek" out our training. We did a fitness test yesterday and I calculated my pace at 10:46/mile for a 145bpm heart rate. This will be my benchmark for my training in 2008. Scott is going to help me plot my training so I can gauge my overall health and fitness improvement. Good stuff!

My goal for weight was to be at 165lbs by the end of the year and I'm pretty close. I weighed myself this morning and I was at 168lbs. That's 23lbs lost since October 6th! I think my goal to be around 150-155lbs during Marathon time (October 2008) is very do-able. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm below that. I know weight isn't the most important factor for my overall health success but I really believe to be running at my best, I need to really shed a lot of this excess weight and fat. Plus its easier to gauge on my blog.

I have my annual physical in January and I'll get my cholesterol checked too. I'm curious to see those numbers.

Have a Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Tod said...

Great gift for fitness! Be sure to let us know how it works... I may want to invest in one of those gadgets myself when I´m back (and when I can actually get back into running shape)!

Tod said...

Great gift for fitness! Be sure to let us know how it works... I may want to invest in one of those gadgets myself when I´m back (and when I can actually get back into running shape)!