Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Gut Check! I'm a Pizza freak!

I'd say the past weekend was probably my worst "eating" weekend. It was bound to happen. Here's the breakdown starting with last Friday (12/7);
  • We had our work Xmas party at a very nice Mexican restaurant (Cha in NW Portland) and I had quite a lot to drink that night (all Tequilla). I did try tons of seafood that night because I'm really trying to expand my food variety. I don't think I overindulged that evening...except for the alcohol. In my defense, I rushed to the gym after work that day to get a quick 3 miles in on the treadmill (anticipating for the alcohol intake that evening).
  • Saturday - I was pretty bad. I swear I eat better during the week just because I have a routine in the office (10am - snack usually involving carrots/banana/broccoli/snow peas, workout and then have a healthy lunch, and then a snack around 3pm - apple).....so at home I saw there was pizza in the fridge. I got some the night before for the babysitter and daughter.
  • Saturday night - Ate out with the wife and got chicken tenderloins tossed in wing sauce with fries....OMG! Then did some shopping at the mall and got a plain pretzel and a latte.
  • Sunday wasn't any better. Had brother and nephews over to watch Steeler/Patriots game and had ..you guessed it Pizza again! Went to a birthday party that evening and had ANOTHER slice of Pizza. Avoided the cake though...phew!

So that was my weekend. I did get some good exercise in though (soccer - 2 goals...thank you and a 9 1/2 miler Sunday morning with the boyz).

Today (Wednesday) was the first time I worked out since the long run Sunday. So a rough couple of days eating wise but I think my body really needed the rest from working out. I finally got rid of this nasty cough I've had for a couple of weeks.

So I'm back to my normal self. Ate good today and plan to work out the remainder of the week and have another good run Sunday with the boyz. I ordered my Christmas present last Monday too. I got a Garmin Forerunner 305 so as my friend said....here comes the geek squad. He got one too and we should be getting it soon. We're going to really get into the science of our training so the posts should get pretty interesting....stay tuned!

No comments: