Wednesday, December 05, 2007


Happy Holidays!

This Holiday season came so fast. I did the Portland Jingle Bell Run last Sunday and was able to get my buddy, Scott, to join me too. It was a nasty, rainy day but the route was pretty nice (flat). I felt pretty good that day. When we hit the turnaround point, I couldn't keep up with my buddy. I'm still feeling pretty good about my progress. My weight is sloooowly dropping. I think the fast loss in the beginning was a lot of water weight. I'm down to 172 lbs. now. I've had a couple of mishaps but I kind of expected it with the Holidays.

My buddies and I are planning to do another longer run this weekend. I'm getting a lot of good advice from friends. Slowly but surely...I'll get there.

We're having our Work party this Friday and I'll probably have a beverage that night. I think the nice thing with exercise, is the guilt disappears. It also motivates you to exercise harder when you know / plan to cheat a little with the diet. Nothing too bad though.

2 comments:

sky.t said...

Keep up the good work amigo! You're doing great. You've inspired me to blog about my journey to get back into optimal fitness and health. Prepare to see someone really geek out with data once we get our new heart rate monitors.

Tod said...

Your "pigging out" doesn´t seem all that bad when compared to Dominican food: lots of grease, lots of salt and BIG portions. Not sure if I´ll ever be able to get back into shape after 2 years of eating this rich stuff!